The Nest Learning Thermostat is a leap forward in the way that you control your home’s temperature. Sporting a gorgeous minimalist design, the Nest Thermostat is designed to improve the convenience and efficiency of nearly any heating and cooling system. The installation process is simple enough to do yourself, or it can be handled quickly by an industry professional. Once the thermostat is installed and connected to your Wi-Fi network, it can be controlled from any computer or compatible smart phone with an internet connection. While it’s easy to control the Nest thermostat from almost anywhere, you don’t have to fine tune it to enjoy energy savings. It is equipped with automatic scheduling algorithms that can save you money even if you never adjust the thermostat after the first week. When it comes to heating and cooling, whether you prefer complete control or a hands-off approach, the Nest Learning Thermostat can make your home more efficient, more convenient, and more comfortable.
- Intelligent Scheduling
- The Nest supports manual scheduling in increments as small as 15 minutes, but it really shines when you let it handle the scheduling for you. Adjust the temperature manually for the first few days following installation and the Nest will do the rest.
- Look for the Leaf
- Nest makes it easy to know that you’ve selected an efficient set point. If there is a green leaf icon beneath the temperature, it’s an economical choice.
- If you frequently forget to adjust your thermostat when you leave the house, the Nest has your back. Once it has learned your schedule, a Nest thermostat can save energy by automatically switching to Away mode when your home is unoccupied.
- Energy History & Reporting
- The daily Energy History and monthly Energy Report features distill your home’s energy use into easy-to-understand infographics. Energy History is interactive and can be accessed easily through the web portal or the mobile app.
- True Radiant
- True Radiant is a feature of the learning thermostat that helps control your boiler-and-radiator system with max efficiency. Nest Learning thermostat takes the trouble of guessing when you should turn your system on.
- If cooling mode is active when your home’s humidity is low, the Nest will activate Airwave. Once your evaporator coil is cold, Airwave deactivates your compressor but leaves the fan running.
- Rush Hour Rewards
- Rush Hour Rewards are another advantage of partnering with a Nest energy company. With Rush Hour Rewards active, your system will predict times of peak demand and pre-cool your home to remove strain from the electrical grid while keeping you comfortable.
- Farsight Feature
- The new Farsight feature notices you as you walk in to the house from about 20 feet away and will flash you the current time. This feature takes advantage of the new 3rd generation high-resolution screen.